Giving back to the communities we serve is a cornerstone of our philosophy at Dawson & Keenan Insurance. For over a century, we’ve proudly sponsored a variety of local events and initiatives throughout Sault Ste. Marie, Wawa and the district of Algoma. Here are a few you might recognize:
- Crime Stoppers – Ever see our logo on Crime Stopper’s TV notices? Dawson & Keenan Insurance has always been an advocate of crime reduction practices and is the exclusive supporter of Crime Stopper’s “Police Beat” on CTV.
- The Sault Symphony – Dawson & Keenan Insurance has been a proud sponsor for over 20 years. The Sault Symphony is a volunteer orchestra, consisting of talent that spans both sides of the border. Our sponsorship helps support theatre performances, concerts and special events throughout the year.
- Sault United Football Academy – This year Dawson & Keenan was a supporter of youth soccer, sponsoring the Academy with uniforms for athletes participating in the program to promote the athletes’ development.
- The Algoma Fall Festival – Each year, Dawson & Keenan sponsors the Algoma Fall Festival, one of the largest events in the Sault Ste. Marie area. The festival showcases music, art and a variety of local talents, which we’re thrilled to support.
- Shadow of the Mind Film Festival – The Algoma District is rich in culture and the film festival is a great opportunity for the Algoma community to showcase art forms that increase awareness of mental health, addiction and prevalent social topics. Dawson & Keenan’s sponsorship funds film screenings, expert forums, and workshops for Northern Ontario’s film community.
- Algoma Conservatory of Music – The Conservatory’s extensive musical education program continues to be the finest in Ontario, with many of their members participating in various musical events in the Algoma community. Dawson & Keenan Insurance continues to show its support for our local musical talent, and has been a major sponsor for about 5 years.
- The Eat Algoma Festival – This fall, the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre launched the inaugural Eat Algoma Festival, showcasing local farmed goods and natural resources that the Algoma area is blessed with. Dawson & Keenan was proud to be one of the original sponsors.
- The Art Gallery of Algoma – This Valentine’s day, Dr. Roberta Bondar and Carole Sabiston host an exhibition promoting environmental awareness and stewardship. We are thrilled to sponsor the AGA as it celebrates 40 years of artistic creativity and support of our local talent.
- Coldest Night of the Year – Every year Dawson & Keenan is a supporter of this fun, family friendly walking fundraiser to raise money for the hungry, homeless and hurting. Funds raised from this event are donated to St. Vincent Place, who serve those in the community who are in need of shelter, clothing and food.
Dawson & Keenan is also a member of:
- The Chamber of Commerce (we’re the second oldest member, since 1942)
- The Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (75+ years)
- The Sault Insurance Brokers’ Association
- The Sault Ste. Marie Construction Association