Your investment needs the protection of classic car insurance.
At Dawson & Keenan, we understand your passion for classic cars, which is why we partner with Hagerty, the #1 insurer of classic, antique, and vintage automobiles. Our relationship with this provider, along with the expertise and guidance provided by our brokers, ensures you get the coverage you need at the best value.
That classic car in your garage says that you belong to a special breed of car owners. Classic cars are unique vehicles that are difficult to replace. Whether it’s just one vehicle or a whole collection, it’s an investment you want to protect.
The Hagerty Advantage & Why We’re Proud to Partner with Them
By working with Dawson & Keenan, you enjoy several advantages on your classic car insurance:
- No Appraisals – You know best what your cars are worth. In most cases, your word is all we need.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – We will include additional discounts for a collection of classic vehicles.
- Liability Savings – Collectors pay less for liability rating.
- Repair Shop of Choice – You get to select the repair shop you want or fix it yourself.
- Hagerty Plus – A superior roadside assistance program designed specifically for collector cars and the only one of its kind. Enjoy excellent benefits and greater convenience than any other program on the market.
- Cherished Salvage Value Coverage – In the unfortunate event of a total covered loss, you have the option to keep the vehicle and receive its full Guaranteed Value.
- Historic Vehicle Membership – Hagerty Plus clients also receive Registered Membership in the Historic Vehicle Association along with many other benefits.
- Vehicle Under Construction Coverage – Provides protection when restoring or building a car.
Classic Car Coverage
Step One: Valuation – Use Hagerty’s online valuation tool to receive an accurate valuation of your classic car, classic truck, classic military vehicle, trailer, tractor, or even a vehicle in the process of restoration.
Step Two: Qualifying as Pleasure Use Vehicle– As long as you have another vehicle in your household that is driven daily, you can insure your classic car as a pleasure-use vehicle. This means no fixed restrictions or mile limitations, plus coverage for liability, collision, comprehensive, and loss of use.
What Kinds of Classic Cars Do We Cover?
Below are some of the features and requirements that help determine if a classic car qualifies for Hagerty classic car insurance. Your broker can provide full details to clarify whether your classic vehicle is eligible to be covered.
Antique & Classic Vehicles
- Horseless Carriages or Brass Cars (Pre-1915)
- Antique and Nickel Era Cars (Pre-1925)
- Classic Cars (1925 – 1948)
- Post-War Classics
- Stock Vehicles (up to 1969)
Modern Classic Vehicles
- 1970s and early 1980s
- Must show trend of increasing market value
- Proven treatment of vehicle as a collectible
- Appealing and collectible vehicle characteristics
- 1980 or earlier
- Restored or excellent condition
- No utility or farm usage
- Minimum $3500 value
Most Military Vehicles
- Military vehicles that have been purchased as a collector vehicle
- 1985 or older
- Minimal insured value of between $3,500 and $5,000
- Must be de-militarized and not used for off-road usage or battle re-enactments
- Includes certain replicas (i.e. professionally assembled or home-built reproduction of an automaker’s manufactured vehicle no longer in production)
Antique Fire Trucks
- Includes vehicles from 1982 or older that have retired from service